How to Make a Yummy Breakfast Casserole
My family loves a hot cooked breakfast in the morning, but with everyone hurrying off to work, it is often hard to manage. This casserole can be made ahead and then served warm each morning. We simply cut a piece and then pop it into the microwave. Add some fresh fruit on the side and you’re ready to go! It makes a very healthy, filling breakfast. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Yummy Breakfast Casserole
2 med sweet potatoes
1 lb. of ground turkey
1 C raw spinach
1/4 C onion
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1. Using a zoodle maker, "zoodle" your sweet potatoes and set aside. If you don't have a zoodle maker, you can grate your sweet potato into small thin pieces.
2. Cook ground turkey until done and add onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir. Set aside.
3. Dice onion. Set aside.
4. Rinse Spinach. Set aside
5. Whisk together 5-6 eggs.
6. In a 9x13 casserole dish, begin layering sweet potatoes, onion, spinach, and then ground turkey. Repeat for second layer.
7. After both layers are in the casserole dish, slowly and evenly pour the eggs over the top. They will sink to the bottom. At this point, you might want to add any additional seasonings to your taste.
8. Place a sheet of foil lightly on top of casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes at 350*.